Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ushape

Osim Ushape; the innovative fitness equipment for the lazy. I never thought we would have this at home but it was on offer at $600++, with an addition of free gift Udurian, so mother decided to get it (after persuasion from aunt). My sister also commented that her friend had a successful experience with Ushape.




It was delivered to our house few days ago and I assembled it! You have to take the device out, unscrew the bottom, insert some metal bars and screw it back again. The extra arm exercisers are supposed to be hooked to the metal bars. The equipment is quite heavy, like 20kg, but there's a roller at one of its side to facilitate movement. However, there are rubber suction pads at the bottom (to ensure that it does not move freely) and it requires a lot of strength to pull one of the sides up.





After everything is assembled, just plug in the power, on the switch at the front of the device and use the controller to select the options. The controller has time and speed settings for the manual selection. Speed 1 vibration was already too overwhelming the first time I used it haha. You can also opt for the auto program in which the speed for the whole 10 minute session will change accordingly depending on your option. The three choices of auto program includes circulation, firming and strengthen. 

The optimum workout time is about 20 minutes per session. For my first experience, I went for manual and set the speed at level 1 throughout. At the same time, I was watching the youtube video of Osim Ushape workout and following the steps. As my knees must be slightly bent throughout the exercise, it was really tiring for my muscles! The intensity increases when you bend your knees further down. Today, I tried to put my hands on it. With my knees on the ground, I bend forward, putting my hands on the equipment to support my full weight. This may cause dizziness because the face is much nearer to the vibration source now. And it is even more tiring than just standing there, though it is better this way if you want to shed arm fats. During the workout session, I could see all my fats vibrating violently. After that, I also felt like my skin was hurting a little (strong vibration, maybe like someone has slapped you). Same experience for my sister, in fact, her legs were reddish after she was done.

After the experience, I find that not everyone is suitable for Ushape. For those who are easily dizzy, this is definitely not for you. I don't think the weak hearted can take this too. For those with joints or back problem, Ushape workout is also quite dangerous as the likelihood of injuries is increased. At first, I also felt quite uncomfortable using it. You need to build up the speed and duration gradually so that your body can get used to it.

I have measured myself before I Ushaked. Not sure if I will be consistent with this workout, but I hope it works. And it's not really true to say it is for the lazy ba. Because it takes effort to shift the machine to where you want (so heavy you use so much strength before you even start). Of course, if you have enough space, you can designate a specific area for it. Also, it's tiring to stand there for a long period, so it takes determination too. And standing with bent knees on flat ground is already suan enough. 

2 comments:

Kion said...

Hi, after 2 months, is it useful for you in term of slimming down or other else? I thinking buy 1 too. But dunno whether it is useful or not. Because this kind of thing not cheap also.

Vanessa Chia said...

Hi, I can't really answer to your question because I don't use it routinely. I feel that the machine is good to maybe say strengthen or firm your legs. And I do sweat when I use it, so it's considered a good workout.