Friday, December 26, 2014

Iphone 6

After months of waiting for this...

Okay la, I didn't wait very long. I had plans to buy it but not those first batches. Now the problem is there is no stock everywhere in Singtel, especially the 64gb one which supposedly is the most price worthy. Singtel says cannot reserve or call me when there is stock. And actually I didn't know their website can track stock too haha. I just wanted the most convenient Bishan outlet because the account is under my dad, and I need him to be there when I purchase the phone.

Until one day, Harry told me that I can buy online LOL. I didn't know. I think the price is the same and all. I went to Singtel online store and saw that for 64 gb, only gold was left, and it was selling fast. I wanted that colour. I went through the creation of an account under my father's IC. Actually the one pass account was created some time ago, I just retrieved the password. It was too stressful to buy in office, so I just explored a bit. I was meeting Denny and Hong Wei that day and couldn't fly home as soon as possible to purchase. When I reached home, there were no stocks anymore -.-.

So the next morning I checked again, Gold 64gb was up, selling fast again hmmm. This time I tried to buy fast fast while in office. Super stressful and hoping nobody comes to disturb me. Finally, I purchased my Iphone 6 and then there were no stocks again! HAHAHA. I opted for Singpost Pop-station collection because delivery is more troublesome. I need to have an authorization form and my dad's IC upon collection. 2 days later (I chose the earliest given date), I went to collect the phone from the locker by entering the locker number and password. So convenient. I think this works great rather than you miss the delivery and all. 





I was too tired so I only used the phone the next day. I should have done something earlier: activate the nano-sim card! I tried to activate it online but there was some error. So I called to activate, typing in the number and stuff, but also can't. They linked me to a customer service person who told me that it will be done within 4 hours. About 5 hours later, I called back to ask them why it hasn't been activated. The guy said that I was in a queue -.-. OMG activate one card also must queue. Never knew this since my sim card was always almost immediately activated when I buy in store. He said within 24 hours. So I ask whether Monday [I called on Sat] will confirm get? He cannot guarantee too. Then on Monday midnight, suddenly my two phones had no signal. 

I waited till morning and saw that there's still no signal from both phones. So I called Singtel again. The lady told me that it's already activated and maybe I should restart my phone. HAHA. It's not that I never thought of it but somehow I just didn't restart my phone and kept thinking that the sim card was still not working. Dumb dumb. 

Switching back to Iphone requires a little adaptation but it's still very user friendly and I am so in love with it. One good reason why I switched back is because of the battery! Never realized the good in its battery until I started using S3 which has a lousier battery life. And if you remember, my S3 battery was bloated and I had to replace it. See, not lasting at all. Also, the plus point is that Iphone 6 is larger than the previous ones! When I started using S3 after Iphone 4, it was really nice because of the big screen. 

Anyway, my Iphone 4 is still alive and well. Just a bit lag and the buttons not so well [Sort of repaired the lock button myself hehe]. It can't be updated to the latest anymore. Nevertheless, apple is really a good brand!

P.S. I bought my covers before I got the phone :p

No comments: