Sunday, December 13, 2015

Bedok South Indian Rojak

I wanted to write out this post to really express how much I enjoyed my experience with this stall. Indian Rojak is kind of unhealthy so I don't eat it very often but Bf had this craving so we decided to try it. Before that, we have seen a few groups of people eating the rojak, one of them was even taking a photo of the stall front. It must either be for a complaint or a recommendation.


So we need to choose our items in our plate right but because all of them look quite similar, bf asked the stall owner what all the items are. The owner, who is a really nice Indian man, explained to us row by row what ingredients are each food item comprised of. He even gave us small pieces of food sample to try before we order. I love the small shrimp dough, it is very fragrant and delicious. While we were debating whether to get the vegetable fried dough and wondering what vegetables is used, he gave us another small piece to try. Although I kindly rejected it since we already decided to get one to try anyway, he still persuaded us to take the piece, nice then buy he say. It is really very rare to find a food stall owner who has the patience to explain what he is selling and even provide us with free food samples. I overheard him telling another customer that there is no minimum order too! If you just want like 1 piece, I think he will still be very glad to serve you. 

After our chosen items were heated up with the fryer, he warned us to be careful as it is very hot. He guided us to where the utensils are and tell me that I can take more gravy if we don't have enough. Honestly, we ordered only 5 pieces and had two gravy bowls which is more than enough. He is generous. Since we sat near his stall, I could hear how he communicated with all the other customers. He feels like a jovial and very approachable uncle. I think one of the customers asked him about the beginnings of Indian Rojak and he said that this is Singapore Rojak. He has not seen or heard of any rojak in India hahaha. This is an interesting point. 


Of course the taste of the food must still be good la. I haven't eaten much Indian Rojak to do comparisons but generally since the food is heated up, it taste good and crispy :). The small shrimp dough is a must try because I love it so much! Other than that, it is mostly flour [carbohydrates!]  which can be gelat if you eat too much. And super unhealthy. 

But because the Indian uncle is such a nice seller, we would definitely patronize the stall again. Sometimes, making the effort to build good relationships will bring you further. 

Bedok South Road Block 16 Market & Food Centre. #01-07. 

No comments: