Sunday, July 10, 2016

Voyager of the Seas Day 4

4th day - 13 May 2016

Today is the day we tried the ala carte breakfast at Sapphire Dining Room, also known as, the main dining room. As there is a timing for the breakfast there, usually too early, we do not get to eat there often in the morning. We were guided to a different table as we do not have follow the usual table number like during dinner. It is a large table and a few Australians joined us after. Before our cruise, I saw blogs writing on how we would get to meet new people on board. How true that is. Although I'm not much of a talker, my bf was conversing away with the retired cruiser sitting beside him. 



Similar to dinner, we were provided with a menu with multiple options of a wholesome breakfast. I went with the chef's recommendation inclusive of a crabcake, poached egg, french beans, grilled tomato and rosti. I chose this dish because of the crabcake but it turned out to be too salty. On the other hand, the rosti is delectable and crispy on the surface. Poached eggs always seems to lack the original taste of the eggs and rely on the sauce instead, hence I prefer the sunny side up. Personally, I prefer having breakfast at Windjammer or in a buffet style so it is just the both of us enjoying our company :).

 
 
 
  
After a heavy breakfast, we went to play two games of Sorry at the library again! Waiting for our food to digest before we head for some sports activities. I have not really exercised since on board other than climbing the stairs and wading in the pool. I was all ready for a run on the sea but the sun was too hot ;/. We went to the gym instead. It is called the Voyager Fitness Center and it opens from 6am to 10pm every day.




Not bad leh, this fitness center is like those bigger gyms with another big area for personal stretches and exercises. On The Legend of the Seas, the gym is only less than half the size with limited equipments. So, when I saw the gym here, I was quite excited and impressed. Be sure to bring your sports shoes, socks and sports attire when you cruise! I'm sure you want to burn some calories so you can eat more. In fact, my plan was to exercise as much as I can so that I can eat as much as I can :D. I weighed myself in the gym that day and it was all still good hehe.

 


Rock climbing wall opens at 2pm that day and we started queuing when they allowed us up. We had to sign a waiver using their tablet such that for any injuries or accidents, RC would not be responsible. You just have to do it once, and it will apply for the Flowrider and Ice Skating as well. By right, our seapass card should have been punched a hole to identify that we have signed the waiver but somehow the crew only punched the card when we went for ice skating. Gears, helmet and climbing shoes were put on. We need to have our own socks for this too!






At first, I went to the lady because she seems more approachable but then the wall is harder to advance up. The lady is very helpful and guided me on which steps to take. Apparently, you need to focus on leg strength to push you up rather than tiring your arms by pulling. Halfway through, I was stuck and had no more strength to conquer this wall. I have never once reached the top of a rock climbing wall :(. I gave the first wall a try and yes it is indeed easier. I went a little faster this time so that I can reach higher before my energy drains away. As this wall is made easier to conquer, going up faster is easier also because you don't have to plan your route so carefully. Until slightly above the first bell, I was stuck again. I tried using the concrete wall to bring me to another step but then my arms lost its strength and I let go before I know it. I let out a scream as I swung out when the belayer tightened the rope o.o. So sudden and quite scary to be swinging in mid air.

After our adventure with the rock wall, we went for lunch at Johnny Rockets. It opens at 2pm that day so we went to play some table tennis first. There is a one time charge of $5.90 to eat here and I think it is unlimited, like a buffet. There was a free milk shake for us as we paid for two person. It was a so called promotion but most people don't eat alone so at least will have two person right. I think if you like their milkshake and order more, they still gain from there haha. I have read reviews on Johnny Rockets' awesome burgers, fries and how the service staff will dance for the customers.

No there was no dance when we were there. Their fries were really normal and I prefer their onion rings. We both had Coke because we were quite deprived of softdrinks since we had no drink package. Something carbonated was perfect after the workout (minus the calories). However, the coke was quite diluted and does not provide any satisfaction. On the other hand, the milkshake is as good as the feedback I see online. We ordered smoke house and route 66 and both of us preferred route 66. The creamy texture makes the steak less dry and more tasty. But as my bf said "I have eaten better burgers though" :P. Their desserts did not appealed to me and I did not finish the apple pie. We paid with the seapass card but they actually charged us for the milkshake! Apparently, it was another girl who offered this free milkshake and the other staff did not know. So like I said, this is not really an ongoing known promotion o.o. They refunded the amount on the first receipt and charged the right amount the second time. While it was a good break from the eating the same kind of food on cruise, I do not think that their food is so fantastic.







The Ice Rink at Studio B deck 3 is opened today! As it did not open the first few days, we better grab the chance to go because who knows when it closes again. We went to sign up for a slot and was given a sticker to come back at a specific time. This helps to faciliate the number of people in the rink at one time. When it was our slot (5.20pm), we geared up in skating shoes and helmet. I remember bringing gloves but not sure if we wore it. Remember to bring your own socks here! The rink is quite small and some parts are uneven. I consider myself able to skate but there is still a high risk that I would fall. My bf is worse hehehe. I still remember that one time we went ice skating together and when I turned around, his butt was on the ground :P. No electronics inside the rink, hence no photos taken there. No lockers were provided so you have to carry light.





Dinner at Sapphire Dining Room, the everyday fine dining experience throughout the cruise. Okay, it might not be super fine dining but it is still awesome service and food. Today, it is only two of us at the big table. Romantic much. It was also tropical themed and the staff were all wearing their hawalian shirt uniform. We were not prepared for this and have no outfit to suit the occasion.




For appetizer, I had this yummy chilled tropical mango soup, which totally qualifies to be a dessert at the same time. I think the below is tomato based clam chowder but how could we not have ordered cream of potato 0.0? The main course today is a refreshing change from the standard western cuisines. Even though the pad thai did not taste like pad thai, it is still a nice chinese fried noodles. The chicken briyani is quite flavourful, but as Singaporeans, the lack of curry gravy is disappointing. How to eat the prata-looking- side without curry T.T. The white sauce beside is made with tiny assorted vegetables and taste like yoghurt.




For dessert, the rice pudding is so weird, or we are just not used to it. It is like glutinous creamy rice. The souffle is so sweet :D. I asked for the sherbet flavours today, hoping to have some citrus and sour ones. Rudy came back with coffee ice cream as a replacement for me as there were no sherbet on board anymore. He said he usually do that if something else is unavailable and this is really going the extra mile! I was very grateful and accepted my coffee ice cream even though I did not really have space for it because.... I ordered another tropical mango soup ;o.




They have a performance for us again. We love the song that was used and asked Parwez whether he knows the song title. Although he did not know the song, his immediate reply to us was that he will go get the song title for us ;>. We took down as Dancer Totoro or something and realised through youtube that it is Danza Kuduro instead. Oh ee yoyeeyoi Oh ee yoeeyoi.



Today, we came back to an elephant in the room! Wearing my spectables :D. We went out later to refill our water bottles at Cafe Promenade. It's like a nightly affair to have some snacks and refill our bottles before we go to bed. I had a craving for banana cake and the cheese cake is also so good!




Feeling tired after our workout, blessed to be beside you.

No comments: