Monday, September 12, 2016

Voyager of the Seas Day 7

7th day - 16 May 2016

This is our last official full day on the ship! :( We wanted to try the breakfast buffet style at Sapphire dining room which opens from 8 to 9.30am. However, we were very shocked that we were late and the dining room was already closed. I am not sure if my Iphone's clock was set to automatic, but when we were in Thailand, the time did not change and the time zone remains as Singapore's. However, even as we sort of have already left Vietnam (since it was already the next day), our time changed to an hour earlier to reflect the time zone in Vietnam. The ship had a scheduled time to adjust all clocks on board back to Singapore's time, and hence we were late by an hour. I was very upset because day 8 would not have buffet breakfast anymore since we would be disembarking. 

We had breakfast at Windjammers instead and spotted seagulls flying around! Masala Tea again hehe.



We went to the helipad area in front of the bridge, linking from Deck 4, and saw so many seagulls upfront. They looked so near to us, so large and so robotic when they fly with the strong wind. We were in the middle of the sea so I'm not sure where those birds came from and what will they feed on. It was my first time seeing seagulls, and it was quite an amazing feeling, especially with the wind kissing your face. We tried to do the Titanic pose since we were at the front of the ship. Just in case we were not allowed to, we did not go to the tip. Of course, Titanic is a sad tragedy movie, but it is the strong and fearless love I like about the lovebirds although actually they only just met ;p. My bf was saying that the crew up at the bridge might just be laughing at us, "Ah, another silly couple is at it again". Now as I am writing this, I am missing that wonderful moment. Too bad we did not take any photos together at the bridge area :(.

My dear took this




Lunch today at Sapphire Main Dining Room and the food was just average. The Tandoori chicken is so dry and the Vietnamese fried rice is really too salty. I had some strawberries at the buffet table and those are really sweet and juicy. We had a photo with Babban before gets busy with the room keeping again.





There's a card making session today and that is so suitable for me. I decided to make two cards to thank our room attendant and table service crew because it is such a great idea. There was an announcement to remind all cruisers to collect their passports, so while I continued with my handicrafts, my bf went to collect them. After that, he become my personal assistant, helping me to fetch the craft materials and stickers :D.




We went back to the room after that and did not do much. Bf was sleeping due to a headache and I just ventured out myself, feeling sad. I also went out to a hip hop dance session myself, which has already started so I just watched. I told him to continue to rest and see if he can find me later on. I was feeling so so emotional because it was the last full day and we did not fully maximize our time. I feel that we spent a lot of time in the room, sleeping and resting. I was upset till the point my tears cannot stop, and I have no idea why. Eventually, he found me about 1.5 hrs later at Deck 4 looking at the map. As he approached me from the back, I screamed out loud due to the surprise and reacted with an angry face. I guess I was not ready to be found hahaha. Now as I think back I was quite bad to him huh. I can remember his panting face after spending time looking for me. <3 Back in the room, he also consoled me that the trip was not over as we still have the Hong Kong part. But deep down, because our first cruise is very important and meaningful to me, I don't want it to end. 








Our last dinner at Sapphire Dining Room. We thought everyone will eat here today but only the couple and the kids came. They did not like the table dining so much because of their young children. The long wait and the lack of variety may bore the kids. Today, it's pineapple and lychee soup which is equally appetizing as the mango soup. The onion soup was superb and not too salty. The scallops taste quite tender though I don't remember us being too fond of the puree which comes with it. I enjoyed my seafood main course which is mostly fried. Not the standard kind of Dory fried fish, which totally suits my taste <3.






After our last round of desserts at the dining room, we went up to Windjammer for the first time to look at their dinner dishes. Dinner is quite sumptuous and you can find everything that is at the main dining room. I didn't know that! This is good for people who wants to sample as many dishes as possible in smaller portions. In fact, they have a larger variety. Of course, you have to minus away the comfort of having the food served right to the table. We couldn't resist and had more food! The baked potato is so good. And that red piece there is actually a grilled watermelon, sweet yet salty at the same time. How unique! I love that small little piece of cheesecake as well. We gave the card to Parwez and Rudy before we left the table, it was our last goodbye. We have also given Babban the card before dinner, together with some well deserved tips in the envelope provided for us.





  

We went for our last farewell show at La Scala, and since this is the last night on board, we cannot just waste it away. We planned to watch a movie by the poolside but we ended up just enjoying our time together, rather than focusing on the movie. IT WAS SO WINDY AND COLD, so we wrapped ourselves in the towel provided by the pool.  It was a lovely romantic time with my love.



My bf kept asking me to write the immigration card for Hong Kong entry, so I opened the safe while he was in the shower. And then I saw this. I laughed out immediately, my heart so warm with love. I saw this anchor shaped necklace from Swarovski and was contemplating whether to get it. He got it for me while I was out exploring myself and hid in the safe. Instead of letting him know that I have seen it already, I locked the safe, pretending that I was still unaware :D.


 You are my anchor when the waves come crashing down. 

No comments: