Monday, April 17, 2017

Japan Tokyo Day 14

14th day - 24 Jan 2017

It was the last day of our trip and we decided to just stay in our area. My foot was still injured, so lugging our bulky pieces of baggage to the airport was not ideal. Although slightly pricey, we decided to book the hotel airport limousine the day before (¥2800 per pax). This is probably still cheaper than a taxi and more reliable in a sense as well. 


Brunch; 24 Hours restaurant

We slept in a bit the last day since there was nowhere we intended to go. We had to go back to this lovely restaurant which serves really great food. The plastic food replicas placed on the shelf outside are indeed precise in terms of the size and the exact number of the ingredient.


The fried squid has a nicely crisp outer layer and the inside is soft. The taste is just right and not too salty. I ordered seafood kimchi stew but what came first was a meat kimchi jiggae. The staff were quick to realize and replaced it for me. There is a generous portion of seafood and the soup maintained its hot temperature as the food is served in a clay pot. There is Korean pancake too! It was through my bf's order that we realized how accurate the plastic replicas were. The hotdog is like the same size!





Coffee break after brunch at a place we always pass by - Excelsior Cafe! We ordered a Royal milk tea (L size, ¥500) and Gingersoy latte (M size, ¥510). Soymilk is quite a good alternative to the normal milk latte.

Before that, we bought two mochi at the supermarket beside. It was chilled as well and was priced at a cheaper rate (¥155 each). When I tried the pink one, I was so in love with it! The texture of the mochi is firm and chewy, and the filling is possibly strawberry or cherry blossom taste? I had another of the same mochi. No sharing this time! As for the green one, it was way too soft. I don't really like the cream puff (¥189) as well because it has a beany kind of texture. My bf thinks it is okay though because it is chocolate after all.





We head back to our hotel to wait for our airport limousine. There were actually quite a number of people who signed up for it. Most of them sat individually, leaving a seat for their luggage. As a result, by the time I went up, there were only the front seats left. We went to a second hotel to pick up another family as well. The whole journey took about an hour and a half, and we reached Narita airport at 3.45pm.

We did the check in of our luggage (I think we used the machine and got the sticker for our luggage) and shopped outside. I was tasked to search for a type of coin pouch for my dad but I never found it. The design is probably outdated. With our flight at 6pm, we had some free time to roam about. The viewing deck is beautiful, and very cold in that attire. 







Dinner was served shortly after we departed. Those are really tasty rice crackers for a snack! Japanese quality really is different. The plane food is decent as well. I like the warm seafood baked rice but the soba was better during the first flight.

Although I wanted to make full use of the entertainment system, the darkness on the plane made me very very sleepy. I fell asleep and woke up several times. I blew up the inflatable neck pillow on the plane, and it turns out to be uncomfortable.

And then when in Singapore, we went to have fishball noodles at 2am. So hungry 😀.





This Japan trip has been a wonderful journey. We traveled with a tour group and experienced snow together for the first time. The time in Hokkaido was tiring but we got to stay in various quality hotels and were rejuvenated through the multiple onsen sessions. Having snow falling on you while you sit in a hot onsen bath is one of the best feeling and experience. In Tokyo, my favourite place would definitely be Disneyland. Like a little kid, my whole day was filled with energy and excitement. We will also never forget the experience in the packed JR train and how we managed to "escape" safely. Japan is also a food paradise, where you can find awesome food everywhere. 
To my travel partner, thank you for the understanding and all the accommodation to my needs. 
I am glad that Marutama ramen is still both our number one.


See you again Japan.
 

No comments: