Monday, August 31, 2015

The Ideal Job

When I told her that I was busy doing work, and hence only started to print the cards one hour before I ended work, she replied me with something like "Like that a lot to do ar? I haven't even pass you the accounts part. The previous girl was doing more." Well, I think if she could cope, she wouldn't have left. 

I believe many of you face such grievances at work and some of you probably totally hate your job. So do I. It has only been 3 weeks into my second job and I already feel the shittiness. I'm starting to wonder whether the problem lies with me. Maybe I just can't work. Maybe I'm too pampered. I'm a complain queen who thinks that the grass is always greener on the other side. Yes, I thought I could find a better job when I was in my first one. I went through the interview of my current job thinking that I have found myself a better opportunity. The interviewer and the boss are both friendly and they believed in me. The company is developing itself and the boss seems sincere in wanting to give me this chance to prove my capability. "You look like a person with ambitions, you want to succeed but you don't know what directions you want to go", the boss told me. I thought at that time, that wow, finally somebody understands me. But no, all these are lies. This job is nothing like what I expected.

Why can't I just be in a normal job? But, is there such a thing as a normal job? I am not an ambitious woman. I lived all my life not really having any idea of my career path. I just know that I wanted this ideal normal office job, working just weekdays, having the ability to leave work on time, and to be able to put everything down on the work desk at the end of the day. I wanted a very balanced life whereby I have adequate time for myself and the people around me. I only knew I wanted to be a nice wife who has time to cook and clean for that one love, and a mother who is there for her children as they grow. But I'm not sure whether such a balanced job exist now, in this hectic era which revolves around fast paced technology.

Someone told me that there is no normal job in this world. Every job will have something that you hate and it is how you change your perspectives to make things work out. I now realized that this is very true. Looking back, I sometimes wished that I had studied something that is more specific. I wished I had developed some skills to use photoshop or some other softwares. It would be good to have some know-hows. I need to know what I wish to do in future when I was young. I could have played more sports or even picked up an instrument. Maybe I could pursue a career through a talent I have. At least my job would be more interesting. Yet, I was only studying. Studying hard so I can get a good job next time.

Then, look at me now.  


No comments: