Friday, October 10, 2014

Star Subway Smile

My bf has this module that require him to go for 2 star gazing nights, and he asked me whether I wanted  to go with him. So I went, thinking that it is going to be romantic! We were late, and I had to rush through my mee sua dinner. 

When we reached the school football field, there was a large group of people standing around. Everyone was holding a piece of paper and doing their own things. We found out that a worksheet had to be done and handed up, and that would count as attendance. So by right, we could leave once done. There were star gazing devices around, but most were handled by people doing their own projects. We saw some stars that look like clothes hanger through a refractor. 
It look like this >>>>
          
                                                               .  .
                                                            .
                                                  .    .   .    .    .    .    


This can't be seen when you look directly at the sky. Stars just look like dots from earth. Do you know? The closest star to us is 4 light years away. 1 light year is the distance that light can travel in one year. Which means that technically, the star we see with our eyes now, is actually the star 4 years ago. It is a history star. 

At 8.35pm, we decided to go off. Subway 1 for 1 was still available!! hehehhh. Apparently, I had wanted to eat subway for lunch, but I wanted a cheaper lunch, without knowing the deal existed. After that, my sister bought back subway and told me about it. She didn't have to queue for it. But when it was dinner time, the queue was madness at j8.

So thankfully, I still have my chance for the deal at YIH subway. We started queuing when it was 8.45pm. At 8.50pm, the staff were already announcing "10 minutes left". The guy in front of us also had no idea of the deal when he was asked if he wanted the free sub. When the guy asked "There's a one for one?", the staff misunderstood and said "Yes of course you can have your 1 for 1, do you want it? You have to decide fast if not the people behind won't have their 1 for 1". Similarly for the lady behind us, she was slightly reprimanded for taking too long to decide. "6 minutes left 6 minutes left, you need to decide fast if not the rest cannot have the deal", and she proceeded to ask the person behind her whether she have decided on her order hahaha.

We headed to Utown and sat on the large grass field to munch on our subway. I ordered Terayaki chicken while bf order Italian Bmt. The choice of bread have to be the same for 1 for 1 deal, so bf sacrificed his choice for my parmesan bread. The subways were put in a specially designed bag that states "My other half for my better half". AWWW, so meaningful!





And that's my night, with my better half. And my half of subway. <3

No comments: