Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Dazzling Stars

In celebration of the Wong brothers' birthdays, I was invited to join bf's family for a buffet dinner at Starz yesterday. It's located at Hardrock hotel in Resort World Sentosa. I took a quick glance and the price of a weekend dinner is quite steep, $65? 






The place was quite noisy with a significant number of children around. The food is displayed in one straight line and it gets really squeezy when people crowd around. They do not offer many varieties of food in my opinion. There was no oysters and although I don't eat raw oysters, it's something I look for if I want to bring my family there. The cold crab tasted dry and just not very nice. There were some dishes I did'nt even touch because they look unappetizing. I liked the warm apple strudel, chocolate cake, pandan kuey lapis, the naan with curry and another Indian snack. The drinks that come with the buffet consist of coffee, tea and plain water only. I liked their prompt service though, bringing the drinks to us fast, refilling water frequently and clearing our plates as soon as we were done. The whole experience reminded me of Straits cafe at Rendezvous hotel. The food was just average and there was a lack of variety. Their durian desserts are advertised to be good, but I rather eat a real durian after trying them.

Right outside the restaurant, there was a band playing at the performing stage. A couple started dancing to the music and I really feel like doing the same, but I don't know how to dance and there's nobody to craze with me. If I can choose something to learn when I was younger, I would choose to go for dancing classes man. At least, that's what I think I would want. How nice, you get to enjoy and to work those calories away. But back to the music and band performance, I could really sit there all night and enjoy the ambience.

Strolling in Sentosa is also another enjoyable thing to do, especially at night. I love the night scene, the lightings and the quiet romanticism. Add a playlist of love songs and that would be perfect.

No comments: