Friday, June 20, 2014

Dates with Love in Korea- Day 11

30 May 2014-

This was the last full day we had to spend in Korea. Our initial plan was to go to Gangchon Railpark, a place where an episode of running man was taken. It's like a park in which people can cycle their rail bikes along the rails and enjoy the scenery at the same time. Quite a romantic place to go. Actually our plan was to go there in the first few days of arriving in Seoul ;(, but we changed it. We did'nt go in the end because of my walking disability and the long distance to our destination. In fact, I probably can't cycle. I was kind of sad because that's like the first place of interest I wrote down in our itinerary. I will come back for you later!

So now we have one day to spare on something else. Bf suggested that we go back to Dragonhill spa instead. It might have therapeutic effect for my feet injury. In fact, my chinese doctor did advice me to soak my feet in hot water regularly to loosen the nerves. And we don't have to walk much in the spa area, just relax and chill.

Lunch at the usual place. Bf ordered cold noodles to try. It tasted okay but not to my liking. A little sweet and spicy with a hint of wasabi. Totally hate my pork cutlet when it's matched with bbq sauce, though without the sauce might be too 腻 after awhile.


Cold noodles
Pork cutlet with bbq sauce
Strawberry cream with waffle on e way there




Our second visit to Dragonhill spa was more comfortable than intimidating since we already know the steps and environment. Because we still had a significant amount of Korean won left, we decided to treat ourselves to the massage package offered there. In Singapore dollars, it's about $160 per person for a full body massage. It's always easier to spend when the currency is different from the one at home because you tend to forget the value. There's a few packages but we chose one that allowed us to stay together. The staff asked me if I wanted a male masseur instead because his skills are better.

"是不用拖衣服的对吗?" I asked. And she said yes. So I'm okay. Pay the same amount of money for better massage skills so why not. We did not need to pay the entrance fee anymore because the package is already so darn expensive. We changed into our uniform before we came down to the massage area. I changed to my sports bra purposely to make it easier to massage my back.

We laid down on two separate beds, face down and waited. I specifically requested for no massage on the injured area of my feet, and he was quite nice to keep putting cold towels on them to relieve the sore. The massage session was pretty much like my tui na session. It's not the comfortable kind but the painful yet abit shiok kind. Bf kept making sounds of suffering HAHA, because his masseur too muscular he said. I was on the other hand, enjoying it although some parts were really very painful.

Then after awhile, I was told to remove my top. The masseur went out first, while I took off my top, keeping my sports bra on, and faced up. Then he came back, surprised by the miscommunication we had, and re-instructed me. I was supposed to take off my sports bra too and lay face down again. He needed to spread oil on my back this time. First thought: That woman LIED to me about keeping my clothes on during the massage!!

Nevermind, I was okay with it, just a little surprised. My bf was just beside, so I'm quite safe ahaha. Then after he was done with my back, he told me to wear my shirt and lie with my face up this time. He placed my shirt on the bed and walked out again. I don't think I had enough time to wear my sports bra so I just wore the top only after that. Feels so weird to be bra-less and facing up ohh my. So women out there, don't trust the staff there, just get a lady masseur if you're uncomfortable with this lol.

After the massage, we went to have a shower separately to rinse off the oil. Then I soak myself in the hot bath which might do good for my feet. In the hottest bath of 44 degrees, I just placed my feet in them to sooth the swell [felt fainty after my whole body went in]. Also stayed in the cold bath longer today. Met up with bf at the common area and did the same things again. I tried all the eggs cooked in a different way but really, no difference one.




Draw me like one of your french girls


After our spa session, I could walk much better!! Maybe the Korean herbal bath also has its medicinal effect, or maybe the ginseng worked its power too. Went to Ipark Mall for dinner [just outside Yongsan station]. Very nice!!







Army stew!


Went to visit our favourite roadside stall for the last time. And told the auntie that we'll be leaving the next day. I think she told us to come again. And she was very 热情, see her face so close to mine. But really, we visit her about 6 times in the 8 days we were at Seoul, how can she forget us. [although mostly, she just say hi, bye and thank you. but we as her regular customers can take the fishcakes ourselves lol]. Her stall is very nearby Jongno(3) ga station exit 5. She's always smiley and warm. Do remember her face and visit her stall! Try her fishcake soup!




No comments: